Visiting London with children can be a unique experience, and if you are planning your trip to London as a family, you will surely want to know what attractions there are in London to visit with children and plan an unforgettable trip.
Well, London is undoubtedly a city in which children are the protagonists, being able to find events designed for them at any time of the year.
What will you find in this article?
Attractions to visit in London with children
Here is a list of recommended attractions and places to visit in London with children:
1. London Eye: Riding a giant Ferris wheel is undoubtedly a plan that most children will like, and best of all, adults enjoy London’s Ferris wheel as if we were children! Its 135 meters high will allow you to get fantastic views of London. We advise you to book your tickets in advance to save on the price of the ticket and to avoid queues!
2. London Aquarium: The London Aquarium, located next to the London Eye, is another of the most famous attractions in the city to go with the family. It opens at 10 am and closes at 6 pm Monday through Thursday and until 7 pm on Friday and Saturday. You will be able to see one of the largest collections of marine life in Europe, including sharks, sea turtles and clown fish.
3. London Zoo: The London Zoo, located in Regent’s Park, one of the most beautiful parks in the British capital, offers the chance to spend a day surrounded by giraffes, tigers, lions, insects, and many more animals! An unforgettable day for the little ones.
4. HMS Belfast: HMS Belfast is a floating museum located between the Tower of London and Tower Bridge, inside a monument to the naval battles of World War II. There is much on board for the little ones to enjoy and the last weekend of each month offers activities for families. Highly recommended! Free admission for children under 16 years.
5. Riding a tourist bus: Actually, in my opinion, riding a tourist bus is the best way to visit London if you go with children, since this way you can avoid public transport for a day, riding a double-decker bus that children they love it, and on top of doing the cruise that they give away when you buy the tickets for the tourist bus.
6. Visit Legoland: Located next to Windsor Castle. It is possible to go from the center of London by public transport, by train from Waterloo or Paddington stations there are trains to Windsor, and from there you can take a bus that goes to Legoland, in my opinion a bit busy if you go with children . There is also the option of a direct coach from London Victoria to the park, it seems the easiest option. It is usually cheaper to buy tickets online than directly at the box office.
7. Shrek’s Adventure: The new attraction in London allows you to take children to a world far, far away (next to the London Eye!) and live the best adventures accompanied by the characters of Shrek: Shrek ‘s Adventure .
8. Harry Potter Studios: If your child is a fan of Harry Potter, you should consider visiting Warner Bros Studios, one of the most famous tourist attractions in London. Of course, you will have to reserve several weeks before since it sells out very quickly.
9. Go see the Musical of “The Lion King” in London : One of the most successful musicals in recent years in London. It is without a doubt one of the experiences that we most recommend when our friends with children visit us. You can get tickets from around £35 and it’s totally worth it.
10. Visit the Natural History Museum : At first it may not sound like much fun, but the truth is that the Natural History Museum seems to be made for children. You will be able to admire some of the strangest animals on the planet (dissected ), some of them already extinct and that are preserved along with the remains of dinosaurs. Without a doubt, the star is the skeleton of the “Hope” whale that presides over the central gallery of the museum.
More things to do in London with children
In addition to these attractions, there are many other things that I would recommend taking into account if you are going to visit London with your family, such as going to the theater to see a musical, such as The Lion King, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Billy Elliot or Matilda. . Here we tell you which are the 10 best musicals in London .