If you want to travel to this fabulous country but you don’t know what is the best time to travel to Thailand, here we will give you the keys regarding the weather, prices, the influx of travelers and the festivities so that you can make the best possible decision. If what worries you the most when deciding the best time to travel to Thailand is the weather, we recommend that you take a look at our article on the weather in Thailand , where we delve deeper into this topic. If you have more or less decided the time in which to travel, in the following articles you will be able to see in more depth what you are going to find in each of them:
Best time to travel to Thailand according to price
From March to May, the best time
If when preparing your trip to Thailand, price is a determining factor, you should know that a good time is from March to May. At this time of year prices are reasonable and good deals can be found.
Even so, you should keep in mind that it is the hottest time of the year and that there may be some rainy days.
From May to October you can also find good deals
From May to October you can also find good deals , even free nights, although you have to book in advance because it coincides with the European vacation period. Keep in mind that summer is the rainy season in Thailand, with the monsoon, so you should take a raincoat with you and appropriate clothing for the rainy moments.
From November to February, the most expensive time
If the price is a determining factor for you , we recommend you not to choose to travel from November to February , since it coincides with the high season in Thailand. Christmas and New Year’s usually have higher prices. Keep in mind that if you book in advance it is possible to find good prices for much of the year. It is important to be proactive to find good deals.
Best time to travel to Thailand according to the weather
From November to February, the best weather
If you are wondering when it is best to travel to Thailand, you should know that the best time to travel to Thailand according to the weather is from November to February. It is the dry season and there is less chance of rain. The climate is very pleasant. Still keep in mind that it is high season in Thailand and prices are higher.
If you want to know more about this topic, do not miss our article on the weather in Thailand where you will see in detail the weather conditions according to the time of year. Next, you will be able to see some data in reference to the precipitations in Thailand throughout the year:
Best time to travel to Thailand according to the influx of travelers
Spring and autumn the quietest times
If it is important for you to enjoy Thailand in peace and without crowds, the best time to travel to Thailand is from March to May and at the end of August, September and October.
November to February is high season
Due to the European market Christmas festivities and the Chinese New Year festivities, the influx of travelers is higher during this time. In addition, in Thailand during this time you can enjoy a very pleasant climate, ideal to get away from the cold of some Western countries, which makes tourists find Thailand an ideal destination.
When to travel to Thailand according to its festivities
At all times of the year there are festivities in Thailand . If you are interested in experiencing the most popular, you cannot miss the following:
- Chinese New Year: between January 21 and February 21. One of the best places is Bangkok’s Chinatown. In Thailand there is a large Chinese community.
- Songkran (Buddhist New Year), mid-April. It is, without a doubt, one of the most important national festivals. Water fights, shows and various celebrations are organized in the street. One of the best places to experience Songkran is Khao San Road in Bangkok.
- Queen’s Birthday Party (Mother’s Day) : It is a national holiday. It is celebrated on August 12 and there are shows and celebrations throughout the country.
- Loi Krathong: It is celebrated throughout the country on the full moon night of the twelfth month of the Thai lunar calendar, in November. It is a festival to honor the goddess of water and venerate Buddha.
- Full Moon Party: Held on Koh Phangan every full moon night. It is a great party ideal for lovers of the night, leisure and fun.
And if I can only travel in summer, what is the best month?
In western countries it is usual to have vacations in July, August or September. If this is your case, we explain when it is best to travel to Thailand in summer:
- According to the price: from the third week of August and in September the prices are lower than the rest of the summer
- Depending on the weather: choose the month of July or early August, when the monsoon season has not reached its peak. We recommend that you read this article about the weather in Thailand in summer to find out more.
- Depending on the influx of travellers: August or September are the most suitable summer months. July is when, as a general rule, there are more tourists.
Do you already know when you are going to travel to Thailand? Now, then, comes the time to choose which route and which areas you are going to see. If you don’t know where to start, we recommend our article on how to choose the route of a trip through Thailand
Would you like to travel to Thailand? You already have more information about the best time to travel to Thailand, so now you can consult our itineraries to prepare your trip to Thailand: