Compilation of recommended cheap hotels in London located in the center of London, recommended for good value for money – location.
After more than 7 years giving advice to hundreds of tourists who are planning their trip to London, we know that finding a hotel in London is not an easy task. For this reason, we have made a compilation of the hotels with the best quality-location-price ratio that we have found.
In our article on where to stay in London we told you how London is divided into zones and how to choose between them, here we have chosen hotels located in zones 1 and 2 of London , that is, in the center of the city, so that you do not waste time time on public transport.
What will you find in this article?
- Cheap hotels in London: Premier Inn hotel chain
- More cheap hotels in London
- Cheap hotels in the Euston and St. Pancras area
- Cheap hotels next to Hyde Park
- Recommended Special Hotels in London
Cheap hotels in London: Premier Inn hotel chain
If you are looking for a hotel in London, I have to highlight the Premier Inn hotel chain . It is a chain of hotels with simple rooms and breakfast included, but they are very well priced and very well located in London. We usually recommend these hotels, as we believe they are among the best we can find in London if we take quality-price into account. Plus, bed and breakfast for those under 16 is free, so they’re perfect if you’re planning to visit London with kids .
Our favorites by location are the following:
- Waterloo: Located just behind the London Eye. From here you can walk to the London Eye, Big Ben and central London with no problem. It is in an area where you will find cafes and restaurants. Nearest tube: Waterloo, zone 1.
- County Hall: In the heart of London, next to the London Eye, a few meters from the first one we have recommended! Nearest tube: Waterloo or Westminster, zone 1.
- Victoria: Next to the Victoria bus, train and underground station, in the heart of London. Around there are also places with restaurants and cafes, and it is very well located to visit London.
- Southwark: Next to London Bridge and the Thames River South Bank promenade, a perfect place to stay in London. There are also restaurants and cafes in the area, and it’s next to Borough Market. Nearest tube: Southwark, zone 1.
- Blackfriars: Located next to St. Paul’s Cathedral, Somerset House and a 10-minute walk from Trafalgar Square. Nearest tube: Blackfriars, zone 1.
- St. Pancras: Right in front of King’s Cross – St Pancras railway station. Zone 1. Perfect if you arrive or leave from St Pancras. Here there is also a lot of movement of people, with cafes and restaurants and it is possible to use the metro or the bus to get to the center without problems. More information: St Pancras
- Angel: Angel ‘s area is in zone 1, next to King’s Cross. It is a neighborhood that looks like a typical English town, where I would personally recommend that you stay if you do not want to be in the very center of the city. Nearest metro station: Angel, zone 1.
More cheap hotels in London
In addition to the Premier Inns, there are more cheap hotels in London that are worth mentioning. These hotels that I name below have very good ratings and good value for money. I have only included cheap hotels in London that I consider to be well located, located mostly in zone 1 of London, which is the area that really interests us the most.
Cheap hotels in the Euston and St. Pancras area
These hotels are in zone 1 of London, and therefore very well located if you are going to visit London, although you will have to take the tube or the bus to go to the center of London. It is also the ideal location if you arrive or depart from King’s Cross or St. Pancras station, if for example you are going to use the Eurostar to go or come directly from Paris . The hotels that I name below have very good prices and usually have very good ratings:
- The Euro Hotel: More information: Euro
- Avonmore: More information: Avonmore
- The George Hotel: More information: George
- Meridiana: More information: Meridiana
- Saint Athans: Simpler and cheaper, with rooms that are very good but with a shared bathroom. More information: Athans
Cheap hotels next to Hyde Park
Perfect for a stroll through one of London’s most famous parks, while being very close to central London.
- The Darlington: A hotel located in a beautiful Victorian building, close to Little Venice and a short walk from Hyde Park. The nearest tube station to this hotel is Paddington. More information: Darlington
- Commodore Hotel: Hotel offering a mix of simple rooms, deluxe rooms and an apartment. Nearest tube: Lancaster gate. More information: Commodore
- Dawson Place: Located in the famous area of Chelsea, Dawson Place is a typical spectacular British bed and breakfast, with very good ratings. More information: Dawson Place
- Luna And Simone: Located next to the Victoria area in London, this hotel stands out for its careful decoration at unbeatable prices in one of the best areas of the city. Nearest tube: Pimlico and Victoria. More information: Luna And Simone
- Arosfa: Located in the beautiful area of Bloomsbury, next to the British Museum. From here you can walk to the Goodge Street area where there are several pubs and restaurants and it is also possible to walk to London’s Soho. The nearest tube stop is Goodge Street. More information: Arosfa
- The Corner London City: Very modern hotel, close to the center and Liverpool Street Station. Further information: Corner London City
- The Paramount Hotel: A very simple hotel in the west of London, next to Earl’s Court in zone 1, a short walk from the museum area (natural history museum, science museum, Victoria and Albert…) very well price and with good ratings. Nearest tube: Earl’s Court. More information: Paramount
Recommended special hotels in London
If, on the other hand, you are looking for a special, charming hotel and you don’t mind spending a little more, take a look at the article we have prepared where we talk about 10 spectacular hotels in London: 10 recommended hotels in London .
If you know any hotel that you recommend, do not hesitate to say so! Good trip!!