The Beer Gardens are the terraces – gardens of the typical English pubs.
These terraces can vary a lot depending on the Pub, but there are some that really make you feel more comfortable than at home… There are some that are simple terraces, but there are others that are authentic decorated gardens… Many times we meet with barbecues and parties with music… If you go to a beer garden, don’t forget to try the most famous summer drink in the UK: Pimm’s
The best beer gardens in London
It’s a great day, you’re walking around London… and you think, I’d have a cool drink on a cool terrace… What better than a beer garden to enjoy the London Sun?
- Punch and Judy , a terrace in the center of Covent Garden overlooking this fantastic square.
- The Old Bank of England , on Fleet Street, in addition to a fantastic beer garden, the decoration of this pub will leave you speechless.
- Crown and Shuttle in Shoreditch, very popular with Londoners.
- The Lock Tavern , whose beer garden is situated on the rooftop overlooking the Camden Flea Market.
- The Edinboro Castle , with a huge beer garden that is usually packed in Camden.
- Spaniards Inn , in Hamsptead Heath, a legendary pub and one of the best beer gardens I have visited
- The Garden Gate , on Hampstead Heath, another highly recommended beer garden, ideal for a summer barbecue.
- The Woodman , Highgate, a good option for a slightly quieter beer garden.
- Crabtree Pub , pub in Fulham frequented by Londoners.
Overlooking the Thames
- The Anchor , next to London Bridge, perfect for a Saturday after visiting Borough Market
- Founders Arms , next to the Millennium Bridge with a riverside terrace frequented by Londoners and tourists
- The captain kidd , a little further from the tourist area but with fantastic views.
And a hidden one… one of my secret corners :
- The George Inn in Southwark next to London Bridge, a beautiful historic pub that is worth visiting, has a terrace, which although it is not a typical beer garden with plants, is quite large and is in a private square.